We all know “proper planning prevents poor performance” and “if you fail to plan, you have planned to fail.” Do you want more money? Are you asking God for financial increase? What is your plan to get out of debt? How do you plan to experience financial freedom?
The purpose of a fast is to help you separate yourself from worldly temptations and pleasures so that you can draw closer to God and experience miraculous signs, wonders and breakthroughs. A financial fast is much the same. By avoiding unnecessary spending, you draw closer to making your financial dreams a reality.
You will not only see where your money is going, you will have a good handle on breaking the poverty spirit so that you get on your “path to prosperity.” The “road to your wealthy place” begins with you knowing what’s in your house that you are wasting with your hands.
- Pray! (God wants to help you!)
- Give God the tithe that belongs to him
- Use the resources that we've provided (Detox Calendar, Budget Manual & Financial Gameplan) to get you on the right track.
- Create a realistic budget and stick to it!
- Make only essential purchases (food, medication, items NEEDED for work/school, etc.)
- Keep a record of the money you are saving from resisting excess spending
- Giving where there is a need and opportunity (record it)
- Shopping (Retail,Mall, Internet, Catalog Shopping, except for essentials)
- Credit Card or Debit Card Purchases (we tend to think more and spend less when using cash)
- Gift Purchases (write a poem, make a greeting card...use your hands to give gifts from the heart)
- Entertainment that costs money(play family games, enjoy free activites around town, be creative)