The Fountain of Praise, in partnership with the IRS, sponsors a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site staffed with professional IRS certified tax preparers. Free income tax preparation services are provided to help you minimize your tax liabilities and maximze your refund opportunities.
VITA Free Tax Preparation
2018 Tax Season
January 27 - April 16th
Locations and Times:
13950 Hillcroft Avenue, Houston, TX 77085
Wednesdays: 6:00PM - 8:30PM
14075 Main Street, Houston TX 77035
Saturdays:9:00AM - 3:00PM
Mondays: 10am-1pm (On select days by appointment)
If you are interested CLICK HERE
We are committed to providing services to spanish-speaking clients and need Bilingual Tax Preparers and/or Interpreters. Thank you!
How can I Increase my refund?
One of the largest benefit programs for working families is the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). EITC can make life easier in hard times. New for tax year 2017, the amount of EITC increased for families with a third qualifying child.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
What you'll need?
- Proof of Identification • Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration.
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Bring any documentation relating to Affordable Health Care (including forms 1095A, 1095B or 1095C).
- Current year’s tax package if you received one
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (1099 forms)
- Copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total amount paid to daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or their Employer Identification Number) • Both spouses must be present to sign the required forms if filling taxes electronically on a married filling joint tax return