Share Your Testimony!
How has God blessed your faithfulness? Have you continued to tithe through tough and challenging times?
Share your story with us!
Volunteer with Stewardship
If are interested in volunteering with the Stewardship Ministry, Join Now!
The Stewardship Ministry is about transforming lives by helping individuals develop a relationship with God and learning to give through time, talent and treasure. Stewardship teaches the importance of spending time in service to the church and to speaking the word of God. The ministry works to inspire individuals to use hidden talents to glorify God and support a ministry of choice. In addition, treasure is a significant part of stewardship. It teaches that giving God priority in life by giving back a portion of your (income) helps you discover that there are untold blessings in the act of giving.
MINISTRY MEETING SCHEDULE: The 2nd Thursday of each month
MINISTRY LEADERS: EJ and Cynthia Gary, Henry Glover, & Steven and Tammy McClain
MINISTRY EMAIL: Stewardship@tfop.org
The word sacrifice is thrown about at will, but ask yourself, have you really thought about what it means to sacrifice and the ways that you can? We all make sacrifices for work and family, and those are normally big sacrifices that must be made. But we can also make smaller daily sacrifices that can dramatically impact your habits, time and finances.
Here a few sacrifices that can be deployed in your everyday life:
- Meal Prep: Make a conscious effort to prepare healthy meals. Not only will you develop a healthier diet, you'll save the dollars you spend eating out everyday.
- Time Management: Diagnose and plan out your week, cutting out time that's frivolously used surfing social media, watching TV and playing games. Repurpose that time with something enriching.
- Turn Down the Thermostat by 3 Degrees: Turning down the heat (or the air conditioning) in your home by just 3 degrees will save you 9 percent on your utility bill, according to U.S. News Money.
- Turn off the Tap: Turning off the water while brushing your teeth or rinsing dishes can save nearly $40 a year per person in the house.
- Make Your Own Coffee: Instead of stopping by the café every morning, brew your own cup of joe at home and see the savings add up to $1,040 each year, depending on your coffee habit.
- Slow Down: Slowing down while driving can actually save you some dough every time you fill up the tank. The US Department of Energy notes "each 5 mph you drive over 50 mph is like paying an additional $0.17 per gallon for gas."
Remember that seemingly small sacrifices can stretch a long way. At the end of the month your pockets will thank you and your small changes will become habits.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is your true and proper worship" (Romans 12:1).