Adult Education & Literacy Program
Sign-up to attend one of the registration sessions:
April 5th @8:30am
April 6th @8:30am
April 7th @8:30am
14083 S. Main St. Houston, TX 77025
Applicants are eligible for the Adult Education Programs if they are 18 years old* or older and have a general goal:
- To obtain a high school credential (GED).
- To improve basic skills.
- To learn English or improve fluency
Applicants must present picture ID and a social security card (if available) to enroll in class.
COURSE DESRIPTIONS AND COSTS:
- Day, evening and weekend classes are offered.
- Students are required to pay a non-refundable $20 registration fee each semester.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
- For adult with limited English language skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Beginning, intermediate, and advanced level class are offered.
Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Develops reading, writing, mathematics and decision-making skills for application in real life.
General Educational Development Preparation (GED)
- Helps adults prepare for the four (4) GED tests (high school equivalency examination)
- Career training and support for students below the college-ready level.
Community Based Job Training
- Career training partnerships at nonprofit organizations.